HOPE SF is an initiative to rebuild San Francisco’s severely distressed public housing sites, while increasing affordable housing and ownership opportunities, and improving the quality of life for existing residents and the surrounding communities. HOPE SF is a partnership between the Mayor’s Office of Housing and the San Francisco Housing Authority.
Hunters View is the first project to proceed under HOPE SF. Throughout the redevelopment process, the project will be guided by the HOPE SF Principles, which are:
- Ensure no loss of public housing.
- Create an economically integrated community.
- Maximize the creation of new affordable housing.
- Involve residents at the highest levels of participation throughout the rebuilding process.
- Provide economic opportunities through the rebuilding process.
- Integrate the rebuilding process with neighborhood improvement plans.
- Create environmentally sustainable and accessible communities.
- Create a strong sense of community.
To learn more about HOPE SF, visit the HOPE SF Website